28 April 2008

Mondays

I was never very into Mondays. I think mostly it was the going to bed part. Or perhaps the waking up part. Maybe it was both.

Anyway, after high school, I never really had the whole "Monday" experience. Through college all the way up to a year ago, I never had a full-time, Mon-Fri, 9a-5p job. Usually I had retail or some night-shift type of work; most of the time it was part-time.

Even as a substitute teacher Mondays were still blah (and scary, but that's the substituting part).

Now, I have the full effect. And I'm thankful for it. Though Mondays come, weekend aftershock sleepiness lingers, and yearning to go home persists, I am very thankful for the blessing of order God's placed in my life. You see, the job I have received could not have been coincidence. It could not have come at a better, more appropriate, more beneficial time.

Beyond the portals of time, God carefully but masterfully orchestrated the specific series of events in which He would provide for me exactly what I needed to be a fruitful, productive, and important part of His overall plan.

No comments: